I was going to start this post by saying that now that it's getting cold out, isn't it time to find a new activity to occupy you while sitting cozy inside on a blustery day sipping cocoa? But then… it happens to be close to 70ºF here today. But we all know those days are coming soon enough! If you're in the Ann Arbor and are interested in that cozy indoor activity perfect for blustery winter days, why not learn to knit? I just so happen to be teaching a couple of workshops at Blue House Ann Arbor in the coming months.
Just the basics to get you started: Learn to cast on, knit and cast off.
• Sunday, October 31: 1 - 3 p.m.
• Monday, November 8: 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Did you take Knit One but ned a little help remembering what to do next? Need a little refresher or helping starting a project? No problem, this session will get you back on track and started on an easy knitted hat that you can finish in time for the worst of the chilly Michigan winter.
• Tuesday, November 30 • 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
And if knitting's not you're thing, don't worry! There are plenty of other workshops to suit a wide range interests.
• Learn to sew with uber-crafty Amanda Schott of Dang Argyle
• Sign up for one of the new metal jewelry design classes with the oh-so-talented Courtney Fischer
• Experience an amazing printmaking workshop with Marcy Davy of All Things Grow
And if you're not that into taking a class or don't have time, you can find handmade items from all of these artists in the consignment area at Blue House. Okay, that's my plug for today. As you can tell, I am smitten with the BH and want everyone to know it!