Wednesday, March 17, 2010

On the hunt for spring flowers: Snowdrops

snowdrop drawingI've been trying to draw crocuses for two years now. Spring arrives and I love them so much that I race out and draw, draw, draw. I don't know what it is, but it just never works out. Now I think it's getting to be psychological. Yikes. Anyway… I noticed a huge patch of them outside of a local yoga studio on my way to work the past two days. I decided to go out this morning and try once more. I barely got past the front yard though. I saw that our neighbor's front lawn looked like this:

snowdrop spring flower
A beautiful carpet of snowdrops!
After looking over my shoulder like some kind of thief to see if anyone was going to chase me away, I plopped right down in their yard and made a few quick drawings. And then I realized how good they smelled. I had no idea they have this sweet delicate scent.

snowdrop spring flowerI'm headed back out this afternoon to try the crocuses one more time.


No comments:

Post a Comment