Monday, October 05, 2009

A whale of an update…

Well, not really, but I wnated to work the whale into the post title… Hello people! This was my submission for the Shadow Art Fair poster design contest. I'd been wanting to do a design with a whale for a while and this is what happened. If you're not familiar, Shadow Art is a local crafty fair day held in Ypsi at the Corner Brewery. I haven't ever been to it, but have heard terrific things. I'm hoping to be a vendor at the holiday one in December.

In other news: I found out last week that I will be a vendor at the staggeringly awesome Detroit Urban Craft Fair at the Majestic Theater on November 21. Much to do before then! I'm working on a 2010 calendar as well as new holiday items, so stay tuned for shop and blog updates… I'm hoping to be a more frequent visitor to the blog in the coming days!

AND, in sad, sad news, I just heard that Gourmet magazine is shutting its doors. I'm a big fan and was shocked to hear it. Boo. Waiting to hear what will happen at gourmet.com and Ruth Reichl's next move…

No comments:

Post a Comment