Friday, May 11, 2012

Flowers on Friday

Poppies are so hard to photograph. It seems nearly impossible to capture their unique red-orange color, but I keep trying. They are one of my favorites. There is a house at the corner of Kingsley and Ashley in Ann Arbor that has a crazy, over-the-top hodge-podge garden. Something is always in bloom  there and I always love walking by. The poppies, snow-in-summer and columbine were growing mad wild there this week. There are also plenty of irises and a smattering of clematis. Here's a look:

This one is from last weekend's Crafty Supermarket in Cincinnati — a little yarn-bombing fun to start off your weekend right. Enjoy!

P.S. Don't forget tomorrow's Craft Revival at The Loving Touch in Ferndale. I'll be there with my wares from 12 to 6 p.m.


4 comments:

  1. I LOVE poppies too! I think you did a pretty stellar job of capturing their color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, Megan! I feel like it's close but they're not quite as brash as this, if that makes sense? xoxo

      Delete
  2. The poppies are lovely! And I learned the hard way they don't like to be picked and put in vases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been lucky enough to have them at my yard, but am going to try planting them at our new house. Thanks for the tip!

      Delete