Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Logo Design: Paddlepass

As some of you may know, I work part-time as a graphic designer for the City of Ann Arbor's Parks and Recreation Department. I don't always have the opportunity or time to use a lot of illustration in this position, but this project was just begging for it. The director of the canoe liveries is involved in a new national program called Paddlepass, aimed at getting ninth graders interested and on the rivers. They needed a logo and I was thrilled to work on the project. Canoeing and kayaking hold a very special place in my heart: I went to summer camp for nine years as a kid and canoeing was my all-time number one favorite activity. I went on to be a counselor teaching canoeing for two years and later had the thrill and privilege of learning to kayak on the wild rivers of Australia. You can see more of my logo design work on my portfolio site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment