Monday, April 04, 2011

Bloomington highlights… 

I'm back today from a lovely weekend in Bloomington, Indiana for the Bloomington Handmade Market. The weather fully cooperated for a sunny springy feel and the crowds turned out to show some love.  Despite being revved up by Monet's post over at the Blue House blog, I didn't take a single photo — not one! Oy. So instead, I thought I would show you some work from the vendors who were on hand:





We had dinner at the Upland Brewery and I enthusiastically recommend the Upland Wheat and a rockin' good house-cured pastrami sandwich with garlic pickled beets and horseradish. Mmmmm… on that note, I'll be back tomorrow with a recipe for tamales!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great weekend in Bloomington. Can't wait to see you when you are in town for the IHE. If you are coming in on Friday, and you and your friend are up for it, we also have a great brewery we can check out and Fridays are $5 growlers. See you in June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, yes! I am so in. I'm headed over to send you a message on Fb right now!

    ReplyDelete