Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Artist & Illustrator Amber Albrecht


Home, From the Hill
Ink on paper, 2009
by Amber Albrecht

Leisure Lost
Illustration for Reverie Sound Revue
Ink on paper, 2008
by Amber Albrecht

Acorn & Ohbijou
7" Cover 2008
by Amber Albrecht

You are looking at just a few samples of the amazing and inspiring work of artist and illustrator Amber Albrecht. I absolutely adore all of it and wish I could see it in person. I recently found her web site via the Drawn & Quarterly blog and just love everything about her style. The line work and textures are so intricate and detailed and her color choices are perfect – especially her use of black and white. Be sure to check out more of her work on her well-designed web site, including the different sections for drawing, prints and illsutration. I just wish she posted her images larger in order to really see the detail work.

If you are lucky enough to live in Quebec, be sure to check out the Invented Memories exhibition at the Eleanor London Cote Saint-Luc Public Library through February 28. I will be jealous but do write and tell me all about it. Otherwise, you, like me, will just have to wait for the Petit Livre soon to be released from Drawn & Quarterly.

No comments:

Post a Comment