Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hitting the books

After two weeks off at the holidays, I came back raring to go in the new year. I was eager to do lots of drawing and cooking and projects. Yet two weeks in and the grey skies seem to have gotten the better of me. I'm finding it hard to motivate. So what's a girl to do? Hit the books, of course. I've been scouring my bookcases and pouring over some old favorites. I thought I would share a few here. Hope you enjoy!

Illustration from Florina and the Wild Bird
by Selina Choz, illustrated by Alois Cariget

Nancy and the Rubber Plant, 1975
Alice Neel

Seated Nude, 1966
Richard Diebenkorn


Page details from Alice in Wonderland
illustrated by Lisbeth Zwerger

The Mirror, 1966
Fairfield Porter


From The New Yorker, 1942

5 comments:

  1. Love that New Yorker cartoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the best? My dad gave me a HUGE book with the best of the New Yorker cartoons from the beginning to 2004. SO many great ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nicole! Happy new year! I've been meaning to say hi and hope we can get together for coffee. MICetsy is having a gathering at sweetwaters next week so I'll see you there? :-)

    You must have an awesome book collection. Nice stuff and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love alice neel! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by, Marcy! I'd be happy to lend you the Alice Neel book I have — love her!!

    ReplyDelete